Coffee Brewing Guides
For average strength coffee, use 15g (2 heaped tablespoons) of coffee per 8 oz (236 ml) of water. To increase strength, increase coffee to water ratio (i.e. add more coffee to same amount of water, or less water to same amount of coffee). Decrease ratio to reduce strength.
1. Place desired amount of (coarsely ground) coffee into pre-heated cafetière beaker.
2. Bring water to a boil then turn off heat and start stopwatch timer.
3. After 30 seconds have elapsed, pour sufficient hot water over coffee grounds to completely submerge them. Allow coffee to bloom (puff up) for about 30s.
4. Continue pouring hot water into beaker until desired amount has been poured.
5. Cover cafetière and press plunger down until filter sits just below surface of coffee.
6. After 4 minutes and 30 seconds have elapsed, plunge down completely and immediately pour all coffee out of cafetière.
Enjoy! (TIP: Try allowing your coffee to cool for about a minute or so before taking that first sip).